Well Gramma Pat, you asked for it... you got it! Yesterday Eva wanted to cut with the scissors. She can only use the scissors with El or Mom close by to help and must ask if something is ok to cut (these are the rules). Well........ yesterday she quietly left with the scissors and cut a picture of El's. So, boohoo, scissors were taken and no more cutting for the day.
Today she asks if she can cut. We discussed the rules and she cut up some ribbon and some paper scraps. I then look over and Ballerina Barbie is getting a new style! BOOHOOHOO!!! And all I said was, "What are the rules?" When the drama simmered down we discussed why it is not a good idea to cut Barbie's hair. I decide to find two (already on their last leg) Barbies to become willing victims. So the blonde gets a new style. Eva is a bit upset that she can't get her hair longer. So we talk about the perils of cutting Barbies hair again with a bit more understanding this time. As of this post she hasn't cut the other Barbie's hair.
4 comments:
I understand - now picture your best friends little girl with a new do--long blond curls laying on your bedroom floor. he he
By the way what is my grandaughter wearing in these pictures. I just love it.
Oh yes I love the blond barbies new do! I think she has a talent for cutting hair. Maybe you could let her work on your hair after she gets done giving you a massage. Oh what fun I am having!
i have to say. . . I totally get Eva's fascination - I also was a cutter! I can't tell you how many barbies' hair I cut. . . and other things as well
I cut my brother's hair! Watch out El!
Post a Comment