Monday, August 24, 2009

The First Day of School... The Last First Day in Elementary School



Today is El's first day of 5th grade. She was so excited she was up well past midnight! Unfortunately that means I was up as well. She finally fell asleep in Eva's bed with Eva and me. Meanwhile, I was putting Eva to bed and I explained we would have to get up in the morning to take Issy to school. She was crying and said, "I don't want Issy to go to school. I want to keep her and now school wants to take her and that is not fair!!!" From sometime after midnight until about 2am we all slept peacefully. After two in the morning Eva woke twice to use the potty and three times to have a drink. Finally fell fast asleep around 5am. I had to wake her at 7:15 to take El to school... she was less than thrilled. Long story, short... Mama is tired! I think we will all sleep more easily tonight.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Ah, you make me tired also. Eva you & I will go to sleep early tonight and then we can get up early to take Elyse to school. Call me in the morning and I will get up the same time as you.

Paola said...

Good luck on the first day of school El!/