Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wake Up little Kelly, Wake Up

I have two girls with sore throats:( I took them to the doctor and we are waiting on strep results. While at the office I asked the doctor to take a look at Eva's ankles. She has been complaining that her ankles hurt often when she lays down to go to bed. The doctor did an exam and then wanted her to get an x-ray and some blood work. I was going to wait until she was feeling better... but Eva wanted to do it that day! So, off we go to get her blood drawn. I sit in the chair and she sits on my lap. Eva is amazing! Just a little whimper and the blood is flowing. Then the needle comes out of the vein and the lady has to dig around, a little whimper, and blood is flowing again. Unfortunately, the needle pops again and Eva is starting to get upset. I look down and see the lady wants to dig again and I end the test telling her we will come again on another day (we will not got there again). I also need to stop the test because of the poor needle work I have seen a needle digging around in my baby's arm and I am feeling a bit green. I say to El that I need her to take Eva. I am at this point sweating though a shirt and jacket. I lay my head down and ... good night Irene! Yep... Momma just passed out. El found this quite amusing as she has no problem giving blood and watching it flow. El will be holding Eva for the next test.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for the post... finally. But, you skipped over our Christmas in Austin!!!

What a good sister!!! Speaking of Elyse, she needs to update her blog.

Lauren said...

Wow. EL is a good sister!

Kimberly said...

OMG good thing Eva has such a great big sis! Hope her ankle feels better!