Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Ten Days of Christmas

Traditions.

When I was a young girl, my grandparents used to spend the winter in Florida. They sent my sisters and I a package in December with several small trinket gifts. We were allowed to pick one each day and open it. I remembered this fondly! When Kathy had Katie and Lauren I decided to continue on that tradition... adding a little something to it. I wrap 10 gifts for each. They begin opening on December 15th (AKA my birthday) and open one each day. When the last gift is opened... the next day is CHRISTMAS! We call it the Ten Days. When El came along Kathy did the same for her and now for Eva. The video is of Eva's first gift of the ten days.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Do I have the cutest littlest cousin or what?!?!?!?

Kelly said...

Yes... you do!!!! :)

Katie said...

That as a rhetorical question. You of all people should know that. You are/were a teacher after all.