Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh, What a Day!


 I needed new brakes.  I needed to vacuum the house and run some errands.  No problem, I'll just get organized and get it done.  Call the garage, no problem, in at 10 out at noon.  One hour to pick up house, then go to garage, run errands, pick up El from playdate, vacuum, ready for play time.  
OR
Get to garage at 10 to be told my car will now take until 3. Hmmm, need a new swim suit...
OK, have garage guy take Eva and me to the Galleria.  Shop for a couple hours for swim suit, finally find one with very little self-esteem left.  Meet El and friends for lunch.  Go to Barnes and Nobles with kids and it is now 2:30.  Call garage to let them know to pick us up by Library.  Car will not be done until 4!  Stuck at Galleria.  Go to library.  Finally get picked up at 4:30, however, car is not quite done.  Make it home at 5:30!  Feed Kiddos.  Get vacuum out... Eva says she is tired and wants to got to bed (what???).  Put Eva to bed.  Guess I'll vacuum tomorrow.  
They best laid plans...
I guess if my worst complaint is being forced into a lovely day at the Galleria, I am not too bad off!
El got Twilight and she bought Eva Goldilicious.  

3 comments:

Lauren said...

What? No picture of your new suit?

I'm so excited that El is going to read Twilight. I think I am going to start Twilight over because I never finished it.

And I'm glad Eva got that book. I thought it looked good. What a nice big sister she has.

Katie said...

it's really funny that Lauren asked about your new suit picture, because i was thinking of posting that for my comment. we must be twins or something. i'm excited for El, i am sure she will really like her new book. also i am so glad Eva finally got goldilicious. you will have to tell me about the story. i am sure it is really cute.

Kelly said...

No pictures of me in swimwear! Too scary!!!
I met a girl starting Vanderbilt this fall. She is so excited and loves Nashville. They just moved here from Alabama and are living in Belvedere.
I'll have Eva let you know about the story when we ichat.