Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Heart Sings

I always know I am one of the luckiest moms in the world.  Yesterday was just more proof of that feeling.  Todd called and said he would be home late.  El asked if she could make pancakes for us for dinner.  Who am I to pass up a meal that I do not have to cook?  As soon as she started her little sis wanted to join her.  I thought, "Oh boy, I am going to need to distract Eva for a while."  Much to my sweet surprise El said, "Sure, here let me get your chair".  So there were my lovely girls working together to make dinner.  El guiding Eva with the patience of a grandmother.  I have to admit I was a bit choked up.  We have always had a lot of sister love in this house but this moment just warmed my heart so.  

2 comments:

Pat said...

OH, SISTER LOVE? WAS THERE ANY OF THAT IN

MY HOUSE. I CAN'T REMEMBER.

LOVE, MOM

Kelly said...

It was. It was just in disguise:)