Eva has been watching a Disney show, Good Luck Charlie. On one show the teen girl and her first boyfriend break up. She is devastated and her mom has a long talk with her about broken hearts. Eva has seen this episode a couple times. She has asked me about my break ups. So I told her how Daddy and I once broke up... but he came to his senses... and here we are!
Eva announced long ago that she is going to marry Todd. She has never wavered from this story. I have protested that he is my husband. She has informed me that I will share. She has also stated that "Daddy is Mom's husband, but he is My prince"!
So one morning we are all in kitchen and Eva and her dad get into a bit of a tiff. It goes on and by the commentary I say, "Uh oh, sounds like Daddy is breaking up with you." We all laugh about it since there has been so much break up chatter about the house lately. We are finished with breakfast and all is quiet... too quiet. Then El comes down the stairs and tells me that Eva is upset. I go up to her room and see the most pathetic sight. My little sweetie is face down on her pink bed and weeping the loss of her boyfriend! She is devastated!
I scoop her up and comfort her. I tell her that Daddy did not break up with her and we were just teasing about all that. (Meanwhile El has gone on to get Todd to come up). She starts to feel better and then Dad arrives to let her know they are still in love! Happiness reigns again!
"Oh to be young and feel loves keen sting"
Albus Dumbledore
1 comment:
Some things should not be posted on the Internet however cute it may be. :) Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment