Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ten Days of Christmas


 I started the ten days of Christmas when Katie and Lolo were quite little. The ten days starts on my birthday and ends on Christmas Eve. I bought the girls ten gifts. They open one each day (in theory) and when the last one is opened they know that the next day is Christmas!
I started this tradition, partly in remembering when I was young and Gramma and Grampa Brown would send a box of small wrapped gifts from Florida. We would get to pick one each day and then open the rest on Christmas. I remembered how thrilled I was to get to open some early. How exciting it was to pick one out of the box hoping it was something good. I was always thrilled no matter what it was.
When my girls came along, Kathryn picked up this tradition and sends them the ten days.


No comments: