Thursday, November 3, 2011

School Pictures

It is school picture time.
I buy them every year, although I often wonder why.
I do not do anything with them. Sometimes we remember to send them to relatives. Not often though. When I was in school we used to trade them with our friends. The kids do not do that anymore. This tradition was started long ago when cameras were not affordable as they are today. Now cameras are a daily part of life. No doubt everyone reading this has one on the cell phone you carry most everywhere you go. We are not short on pictures of our children. Pictures that are much better than those captured en mass in the school cafeteria.
Yet... nostalgia, I suppose... gets me to write that check each year.
So here they are.
Elyse Runkle
7th grade
Lake Travis Middle School
Eva Runkle
Kindergarten
Bee Cave Elementary
The hairstyle you see here has become Eva's signature style.
Bangs in a clip and a side ponytail.

No comments: