Sunday, July 4, 2010

Red, White, and Blue on the Fourth of July

This is the fairy garden DeDe and the girls worked on during the day and evening. If you notice the pile of flowers to the left that is Eva's major contribution. She liked to gather sticks, stones, leaves, flowers and throw them on a pile. DeDe and PaPa have been working many hours in the garden after our departure. Wonder if they are still claiming this is, "just for the kids"?
The title of this blog is the song Eva sang relentlessly throughout the day. "Red, White, and Blue, on the Fourth of July!" I thought she must have picked it up from a Disney or PBS show. When I asked she said, "Lolo taught it to me." ~Thanks Lolo!
Sparklers!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I remember Lolo teacher her that song as we walked down to the bar... I mean, restaurant.

(disclaimer: we ate at Buckeye Beer Engine while our parents were at a real bar, drinking. We were going to eat outside at the restaurant part but all the table were being used. So we are inside, with "nice decorations" as Eva said. The decorations were beer bottles.) hahah

Kelly said...

I did not add that to the previous post about that night because I could not remember the name of the place. I have added your words!