Friday, March 5, 2010

Rock and Roll


Yesterday El was downloading music to her ipod. She was playing some songs and Eva was dancing to the tunes. El then asked Eva, "Who sings this?". Eva replied, "Michael Jackson". correct. El changed the song and asked again, Eva answered, "Carrie Underwood". correct again. How does my just turned four year old know this? El decided to make it tough (as in I did not know the next one). Eva correctly answered, "Lady Gaga". When has Eva ever heard Lady Gaga? I can only think it had to be the Grammy Awards show. Needless to say El and I were quite tickled. All I can say is that Eva is living up to her name.

A bit of history on Eva~
While in the hospital I started calling her my rock and roll girl because when she had the sudden startle reflex her arm would shoot above her head in a fist. It looked like she should be shouting, "Rock On!".
Eva was not real happy about riding in the car as an infant. I had the baby mozart CD and the kiddy songs CD but nothing helped. So, for my own sanity, I put in Sheryl Crow. Ahhh, silence at last. At about two months old her favorite music was Sheryl Crow... she especially liked "Soak up the Sun".
Rock On~

3 comments:

Lauren said...

aww thats cute. and im very glad you blogged

Katie said...

I'm glad you blogged, too. I love this post. Also, I remember those Sheryl Crow days very well.

Pat said...

SHE NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE! JUST WAIT TILL I GET THERE TO HELP HER
PUT A SPELL ON YOU! GLAD TO SEE KATIE AND LAUREN KEEP A WATCH ON YOU!